Jan 28, 2019
In this episode, Lee and Ellen look at the whole idea of incremental improvement. Together they look at:
• How pizza shows us how to improve
• Why you don't have to make big improvements
• Why sometimes going backwards works for improvement
• How to discover a better way and then do it
Recorded and produced at...
Jan 21, 2019
In this episode, Ellen and Lee look at the how saving time can help you save money. Together they look at:
• A 1990's NASA study of how to do more with less
• The idea that sometimes it is more efficient and cost-effective to do things yourself, rather than hire them out
• How having less stuff means saving more...
Jan 14, 2019
In this episode, Ellen and Lee look at why and how timing makes you more efficient. Together they look at:
• The early findings of the 1950's Time and Motion Study
• How everyone has another gear that they don't regularly use
• How timers are "lines in the sand" when it comes to getting started
Jan 7, 2019
In this episode, Lee and Ellen look at how you can make your breaks effective so that you return to work feeling relaxed.
• Take breaks that involve your sense
• Get out into nature
• Do something unrelated to what you were doing
• Take "opposite breaks" - mental vs. physical, physical vs. mental