Apr 11, 2021
In this episode, Ellen interviews Productivity Ninja Grace Marshall. Together, they discuss her new book, "Struggle: The surprising truth, beauty, and opportunity hidden in life's sh*tter moments." Together they discuss:
• How falling apart really can be coming together
• What if what we have right now IS the new normal, and how to live with it.
• The importance of looking at what doors are open to you and considering the things that haven't been considered before.
• Why reframing is important
• How innovation comes from hitting a wall
• The importance of activating curiosity
• Using curiosity to improve your relationsingships
• How calling out the hard things in our lives is important both for ourselves and our kids
• Why letting your work breathe will improve your work
• How letting catalysts change what you are doing
• The importance of remembering that there is no comfort in the stretch zone, and no stretch in the comfort zone -- and how that can change things.
Grace's book, Stuggle, is available now on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Struggle-surprising-beauty-opportunity-moments/dp/1788601971/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Grace+Marshall&qid=1618182222&sr=8-2
Grace Marshall is known for her “refreshingly human” approach to productivity.
She is Head Coach and Chief Encourager at GraceMarshall.com, Productivity Ninja with Think Productive, one of the world’s leading productivity training companies and her book How to be REALLY productive was named Best Commuter’s Read in the CMI / British Library 2017 Management Book of the Year Awards.
Her new book Struggle: the surprising truth, beauty and opportunity hidden in life’s sh*ttier moments is out April 2021.
Find Grace at:
Learn more about Ellen at https://www.ellengoodwin.com
Edited and produced at Studio D, Wayne Duncan producer